Sunday, April 13, 2014

Lent is Hard

I started writing a post about April birthdays last week, but I never had time to finish it and now it's way too late. So here's a quick post to say that I'm still alive and everything, despite having to play cello in the dance concert four times. It was terrifying but awesome. The choreography was brilliant. I only had one piece, which meant that I got to watch the rest of the concert from the audience and it was super fun. I was playing "Julie-O" by Mark Summer and the dancers were dancing around me. I don't have a video of it, but I did find a video of someone playing the piece at National Cello Institute a few years ago.


I actually witnessed this performance and got to take classes alongside the guy (he was a student too) and he was FANTASTIC. And presumably still is--I just haven't spoken to him in a few years.

I play the piece very differently--it's pretty open to interpretation. But this guy does a lot of stuff way better than I do, like the strumming part. I've never gotten the hang of some of the tricky bits from that. And his cadenza has way more flourishes than mine.

In other news...

Happy incredibly belated birthday to Fred and George Weasley!


Their birthday was actually April 1. Shocking, right?


And as a nod to my Canadian-television-obsessed friend, happy birthday Cody of Total Drama!

That would be this guy. Apparently his birthday was also on April 1.

And one of my other friends had a birthday last week, so I may put up a story I wrote about her sometime last week if I can get my laptop to work on the internet before then.

I'm also working on something huge and fun and exciting and scary, so I'll let you know if that pans out. I hope it does. :)

...And I just realized that nothing in this post has anything to do with the title of said post. Well, I titled it that because I am starting to really miss my webcomics. Especially Gunnerkrigg Court. Surprisingly, that's the one I miss the most. It's surprising because it's the one I talk about the least, at least according to my friends. But I left off right at the end of a cliffhanger chapter and now I'm desperate to know what happens.

One...more...week...

No comments:

Post a Comment